As part of our mission to create safe, affordable and quality housing, we offer community sponsorships to support your event or program. Though our sponsorships are small, your events and programs make a big impact in building a stronger community housing sector.
Our sponsorships seek to advance accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Priority areas include Indigenous and racialized groups, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities and disabled people, and those with self-identified barriers to access.
What kinds of events and programs does BC Housing support?
Events or programs that:
- support a strong community housing sector
- create opportunities for people who live in community housing
- further reconciliation and equity
- engage our employees in their communities
- align to our priority areas
Here are some examples of projects that we have supported:
- The Salvation Army’s Hope in the City Breakfast event that raises funds to support Vancouver’s most vulnerable.
- Access Pro Bono’s Going Public event that provides free legal advice to those who need it most.
- Employ to Empower’s Street Store that offers a dignified shopping experience to residents of the Downtown Eastside.
Please note that BC Housing community sponsorships are not intended to provide ongoing operational or infrastructure funding.
How much can I request?
Sponsorship amounts awarded vary so please ensure that the amount requested accurately reflects the needs of your event or program.
You can submit your sponsorship request anytime. Our sponsorship committee meets quarterly to review requests from the previous quarter. You will receive a decision approximately four weeks after each quarter-end. (March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31). Be sure to apply as far in advance as possible to allow time for the review process and to enable us develop strategies to help promote your event or program.
Please download and save the Sponsorship Request form. Once completed, send the form to: [email protected]