The deadline for arts and culture sponsorship applications has been extended to March 24, 2023.
Arts and culture can impact the wellbeing of community housing residents. Apply for an arts and culture sponsorship at your building.
About the program
Who can apply? Indigenous-led housing providers and housing providers serving *marginalized/equity deserving communities.
How much is each sponsorship? $5000.
What is the deadline? March 24, 2023.
Example submissions include these activities, and more:
- art activity for residents
- ceremonial spaces
- house post (totem)
Our committee will select 10 arts and culture projects from across the province. Selection criteria:
- Will the project have positive impact on community housing residents?
- Will it have longevity and impact on future residents?
- Does it provide opportunities for collaboration between residents, building staff, and the community?
- Is it replicable and could it have meaningful impact at other housing sites?
- Does it address the intersectionality experience of equity deserving groups?
How to apply for a sponsorship
Email the following:
- A short summary of your proposed arts and culture project
- A description of how it will impact the wellbeing of residents at your building; and
- Confirmation that your organization is Indigenous-led or serves *marginalized/equity deserving communities.
*Racialized groups, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities and disabled people; those with self-identified barriers to access; and people with lived experience of homelessness, addiction, or mental illness