BC Housing’s Asbestos Awareness training series helps non-profit partners learn about asbestos management.
back to Education Training Program
We offer four modules available online at no cost to your organization:
- Module 1 – Reviews the traditional uses of asbestos and the different types and categories of asbestos.
- Module 2 – Reviews asbestos exposure and some of its negative health effects, including lung cancer.
- Module 3 – Covers some of the properties of asbestos and describes common locations that may contain asbestos.
- Module 4 – Covers WorkSafeBC asbestos regulations and discusses exposure control plans.
How to apply
To access the eLearning modules and materials, send us an email at [email protected] with a request for asbestos training.
Please allow 5 business days to process your training request.
After we confirm your eligibility, we’ll have you complete an External Learner Access Request Form. After that you’ll:
- Receive confirmation that your External Learning Account(s) is set up
- Sign in using your user ID and temporary password, then set a new password
Please review the Quick Start Guide before accessing the eLearning modules.
Authorized users only
The PeopleSoft computer system (including all related equipment, networks, systems and services) is provided for use only by authorized individuals with valid and subsisting usernames and passwords and for authorized purposes only. Unauthorized access to or use of the system is prohibited, and may result in criminal, civil and administrative penalties and other adverse action.
Terms and conditions
Access to and use of the system is subject to certain terms and conditions contained in BC Housing’s IT Security Policy and amended from time to time by BC Housing. Access to and use of this system constitutes unconditional acceptance of and agreement to the applicable Policy. If you do not accept and agree this Policy, you may not access or use the system.
BC Housing is collecting your personal information for the purpose of enrolling you in courses offered through our Enterprise Learning Management System. We will also keep records of the courses you took and whether you passed or failed. The information will be shared with your employer. Your personal information is collected in accordance with Section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection of your information, please contact BC Housing's privacy officer by phone at 604-433-1711 or by writing to 4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4V8.