This program supports families living in subsidized housing or registered for the Rental Assistance Program in Greater Victoria to build on their skills and learn more about financial self-sufficiency.
If you’re a Greater Victoria family living in subsidized housing or registered for the Rental Assistance Program, the Family Self-Sufficiency Program can help. The program supports you and your family as you set financial goals. It also connects you to community resources, including housing and financial help, as well as health, employment, and educational programs.
What you’ll learn
You’ll work one-on-one with a family advisor to:
- Set realistic financial goals
- Build your savings or reduce your debt
- Build budgets that work for you
- Increase your awareness of employment and education opportunities
- Build your community
You’re eligible if you:
- Have at least one dependent child
- Have a before-tax annual income of:
- $51,700 or less, if you’re living in a two-bedroom home
- $74,300 or less, if you’re living in a three-bedroom home
- $84,500 or less, if you’re living in a four-bedroom home
- Live in subsidized housing and receive a BC Housing subsidy
You must be willing to attend regular meetings, work with an advisor and achieve the goals you set in partnership with your advisor.
How to apply
To apply, please call 604-433-1711 or email [email protected].
The Family Self Sufficiency Program is run by the Burnside Gorge Community Association. Funding is provided by BC Housing, United Way of Greater Victoria, the Vancity Community Foundation, Capital Region Housing Corporation and the Victoria Women in Need Community Cooperative.